Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
In our house, Slime is a big deal. We use to buy those little slime kits that included everything you needed to make various slimes. As a busy mom, I always thought that would be the easiest route. Not at all. Slime kits just don’t seem to make the same great results that we have found we get with homemade, customizable, slime recipes!
One of our favorite times of the year is Christmas so of course, we have to create themed slimes during the holiday season! My son basically grew up loving the Grinch, likely because it’s one of those movies that I just can not seem to get enough of. We all feel a little bit “Grinch-like” once in a while so it’s not hard to relate to the grumpy attitude. We just love the message that the movie teaches, about accepting love and friendship into our hearts!
This Grinch Christmas slime is so gorgeous, so much fun to play with, and best of all, so easy to make!
The Grinch Christmas Slime
Just a few side notes before we start!
- Containers: These are what I find work the best! The price is just right and they fit the slime from this recipe perfectly.
- Heart Charm: You can likely find one you like at any craft store but if not, or if you just prefer to make it easy, these ones work great!
- 1 Airtight Container (like these)
- 1 5 Oz bottle of Elmer’s Clear Glue
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Contact Solution
- Green Food Coloring
- Green Glitter (LOTS of this is my suggestion!)
- Red Heart Charm
- Small Bowl
Related: Simple Christmas Cake Batter Dip
1. Measure your 5 ounces of glue and pour the entire amount into a bowl.
2. Add 1 half of a cup of water to the glue.
3. Add 1 drop of green food coloring to the mixture and stir well. Then add 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda and stir.
4. (My Favorite step) Mix in LOTS of Glitter. When you think it’s enough, add more!
5. Add in 1 tablespoon of the contact solution. Once added, your slime will instantly begin to firm up and become slime.
6. At this point, your slime WILL be sticky. It’s okay! Keep stirring your mixture until your slime really starts to form well. Then, begin kneading your slime by hand until it is no longer sticky.
7. Add in your heart charm and enjoy your beautiful Grinch Christmas Slime!
Related: Grinch Heart Craft
Hopefully, you enjoy making this slime just as much as we did! It’s a fantastic craft to get ready for the holidays. Our favorite crafts are ones that teach us about science while also producing results that double as fun toys! Here’s to hoping your Christmas season is filled with love, happiness, and all the joy of the who’s down in Who-Ville!
“And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day. And then the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches plus two. “
Want an awesome way to remind the kiddos that Santa really IS watching them this time of year? Sign up at the bottom of the page to grab this FREE printable Santa Surveillance Warning!
What is your family’s favorite slime recipe? Is there one you find works perfectly every time? Share it with us in the comments below!